McLaren Automotive is entering a new era as it seeks to expand and build on its expertise. To succeed is about more than technology, it is about people. There is now an exceptional opportunity for talented individuals to join McLaren Automotive, share in our vision.
Click on the job title for more information and to apply.
The closing date for applications is shown in brackets.
Click on the job title for more information and to apply. The closing date for applications is shown in brackets.
Details of Vacancy for Controls Engineer, Hybrid Systems
Title: Controls Engineer, Hybrid Systems
Department: Hybrid Systems
Job Purpose: Reporting to the principal hybrid engineer, to lead development and integration of control strategies and calibration for hybrid powertrain systems on a new vehicle development programme.
· Vehicle level control systems integration working with other controls engineers in a cross functional group to coordinate our vehicle controls architecture and strategy.
· Specification, implementation and calibration of hybrid control systems working with the powertrain function group and our suppliers.
· Hybrid controls integration – ensuring that all control units involved in the hybrid system are developed by our suppliers to work together well (i.e. with a well defined control structure; CAN architecture; fault handling strategy; diagnostics; documentation, release strategy, etc.).
· Functional safety – as part of a cross functional group, run activities such as DFMEA, hazard analysis, fault-tree analysis, SIL rating, etc.
· Commercial, programme, and technical management of our main hybrid control system supplier.
· Software implementation and testing: Software-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop and on-vehicle tests in the UK and abroad.
The normal working hours will be 8-hour weekdays based at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, although at key times in our projects the work may occasionally extend to evenings or weekends. Trips to suppliers or testing facilities in the UK and worldwide may also be required.
Knowledge and Experience required:
· BEng/MEng degree from a good university (equivalent qualifications considered).
· Experience of developing / delivering controls software or hardware for control systems applications.
· Any of the following knowledge / experience would be useful experience, but a good candidate should be able to learn this on the job.
o OEM or tier 1 automotive control system delivery.
o High performance powertrain experience.
o High voltage electrical traction systems knowledge (batteries, electric machines, inverters, DC-DC converters)
o Vehicle dynamics or powertrain modelling and control algorithm development
o Embedded code development environments, e.g. ETAS ASCET, and/or Mathworks’ Matlab, Simulink & RTW packages.
o Logging / calibration / analysis environments (INCA, CANAPE, ATALS, or similar)
o Automotive diagnostics & OBD.
o Familiarity with Network communication protocols – CAN, LIN etc.
· Well organised and independent – able to work constructively with minimal supervision.
· A positive, proactive attitude.
· An engaging mind, open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone.
· A willingness to engage in debate and discussion.
· Empathy, a willingness to listen and see others’ points of view.
· Ambitious and self reliant - intrinsically self motivated.
Closing Date: 31st May 2011
Apply for this vacancy (Please note that your application will be sent over a secure connection)