McLaren Automotive is entering a new era as it seeks to expand and build on its expertise. To succeed is about more than technology, it is about people. There is now an exceptional opportunity for talented individuals to join McLaren Automotive, share in our vision.
Click on the job title for more information and to apply.
The closing date for applications is shown in brackets.
Aerothermal Engineer (31st March 2015)
Design Engineer - Body Panels & Closures (31st March 2015)
Design Engineer - Chassis (31st March 2015)
Lead Engineer - Interior (31st March 2015)
Lead Software Test Engineer (31st March 2015)
Legislation Engineer (31st March 2015)
Paint Shop Team Member (Prep / Paint / Polish) (31st March 2015)
Powertrain Engine Build Technician (31st March 2015)
Principal Engineer - Air Intake Systems (31st March 2015)
Production - Production Team Member (31st March 2015)
Project Co-ordinator (31st March 2015)
Project Engineer - Composites (31st March 2015)
Project Engineer - Interior (31st March 2015)
Vehicle Development Manager (31st March 2015)
Click on the job title for more information and to apply. The closing date for applications is shown in brackets.
Aerothermal Engineer (31st March 2015)
Details of Vacancy for Electrical Engineer - EDS
Title: Electrical Engineer - EDS
Job Purpose: Design, development and production release of the electrical package and wiring systems for our range of vehicles.Supplier visits, test and development activities worldwide are a requirement of this position
- Design and development tasks relating to wiring and fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports and sign-off documentation.
- Systems packaging – Control unit and component packaging in accordance with project requirements for cooling, orientation, EMC, and DVP requirements.
- Systems engineering – Hazard analysis and risk management, DFMEA, verification and validation planning.
- Supplier management – Engineering, timing, cost and weight in order to achieve program targets.
- Preparation and presentation of information to support both external and internal project status reviews and the project management team as necessary.
- Practical vehicle fault analysis and electrical harness modification.
- Roll-out to production of an electrical wiring system, including support for production and guidance for installation and rework by Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Support of UK and overseas whole vehicle and component testing activities including functional, environmental and EMC.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development - specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Experience of full product lifecycle activities including cost & weight target achievement.
- Experience of system/component delivery within a APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Demonstrable experience of working within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience of working in/for low–medium volume vehicle projects (less than 5,000 units per annum).
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills.
- Flexible, enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative.
- Capable of representing a world class automotive brand to the highest levels.
- Working knowledge of good EMC practice and electrical durability test methods.
- CATIA (visualisation via DMU)
- PC literate in use of Windows XP based applications (Microsoft Office etc)
- Experience of using software based off-board diagnostic tools.
- Practical experience of harness development and rework.
- Experience of harness modelling/analysis tools (e.g. VeSys)
- Degree level education preferred (other recognised electrical engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
Closing Date: 28th October 2011
Apply for this vacancy (Please note that your application will be sent over a secure connection)